I believe in your innate resilience and wisdom in finding a path to healing. I feel that counselling is about providing you with the support and the tools to help you on this journey.
I endeavor to create a soothing environment of warmth and trust where you feel respected, and supported. I also believe in providing practical tools and strategies that you can easily implement in your life.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of British Columbia
- Completed Gottman Method Couples Therapy Levels 1 & 2
- Completed additional Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training Treating Affairs and Trauma and Couples and Addiction Recovery
- EMDR Certification through EMDRIA/EMDR Canada
- Advanced post-graduate training in the areas of EMDR, trauma, anxiety, mindfulness, body oriented therapies and crisis intervention
- Stay current in both research and practical counselling techniques by engaging regularly in professional development opportunities
- Over 15-years experience counselling adults from ages 17 to 70
- Experience working with clients individually, as couples or in groups
- Currently work part-time at the University of the Fraser Valley in Abbotsford where I do personal and crisis counselling with students of all ages including mature students
- Experience facilitating groups on topics such as abuse, trauma, anxiety, healthy relationships, self-esteem and career direction
If you are interested in participating in a group on a particular subject and have others who may want to get involved, let’s discuss how I may be able to create something that fits your needs.