Anxiety is one of the most common reasons people seek counselling. The good news is there are many tools and treatments that have some clients reporting improvement after only 2 to 3 sessions.
Anxiety can appear in your life in a number of ways including:
- general worries or fears
- panic attacks
- obsessions and compulsions
- social anxiety
Treatment for anxiety can help you to:
- deal with the symptoms (intrusive or racing thoughts, difficulty concentrating or remembering things, restlessness, insomnia, shortness of breath, rapid heart beat, digestive issues and more)
- quiet your mind so you can feel more grounded, relaxed and at peace in your daily life
- cope more effectively with stress
- try things that you may have been too scared to do
- sleep better
- feel more connected with others and have healthier relationships
Many people wait months or years to seek support in managing their anxiety. Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. It’s a normal, natural way your body and mind responds to stress. But it doesn’t have to interfere with the quality of your life.
No matter what level of anxiety you are experiencing, you can benefit from counselling.