In couples counselling I draw from attachment theory and EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) in order to help you and your partner resolve issues on a deeper level.
While it is sometimes helpful to have someone to mediate a dispute between you and your partner it is often more effective to address and resolve core issues causing conflict in your relationship.
Common issues couples bring to therapy include:
- Family of origin problems
- Adjusting to life changes including new parenting
- Loss of connection or attraction (not feeling in love anymore)
- Sexual concerns
- Conflict over day to day issues
- Premarital Counselling or relationship enrichment
In my couples work I am open and inclusive and comfortable working with LGBT++ clients.