My commitment is to help you through confusing and difficult times. You do not have to do this alone…
Welcome to Carolyn Heppner Counselling
Experience positive results much sooner than traditional therapy using modern techniques such as EMDR. I offer counselling and therapeutic services for individuals, couples and groups in Maple Ridge, BC. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from UBC.
My areas of specialization include:
- Prenatal and Postpartum concerns
- Couples and Premarital Counselling
- Crime Victim Assistance
I also have experience helping clients struggling with a range of other difficulties. Please visit my Issues Addressed page for more information.
When you feel safe, you can begin the journey of change and healing. When you feel encouraged and supported without judgment, you can continue creating the life you want and need. I work to empower you with the tools for overcoming your difficulties. Depending on your needs:
- I offer a therapeutic approach incorporating mind and body in order to work through deeper issues that feed your current challenges.
- I also offer solution-focused counselling focusing on your present concerns using a problem solving approach.
I draw from various evidence based therapeutic methods to create a structure for counselling that fits your concerns and needs.
Mind-body approaches include:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
Conversational therapeutic approaches include:
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
I can also incorporate Creative Therapies which may include:
Why seek counselling?
- Maybe you need someone to talk to about a specific issue or goal
- Perhaps there are things you have struggled with for a long time and you just don’t know where to begin in order to heal
- Maybe you just need someone who will listen to you
Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss your needs and reasons for considering counselling and see how I can be of assistance. Email Carolyn.
The most important factor for successful therapy is to connect with someone who makes you feel comfortable and safe. I offer a free 15-minute no cost/no obligation phone consultation. Together, you and I can explore your goals for counselling. Please give me a call or send me an email to set this up. I’d love to speak with you.